Christopher Riely grew up in New England spending time exploring small family woodlots and hiking and camping on public and private conservation lands. These experiences led to summer jobs supporting outdoor recreation, college studies in environmental history, and early career experience as a science and history educator. Drawn by the combination of intellectual and practical work, Christopher has focused his career on helping people and groups take care of their land and assisting them in making informed decisions about these valuable real estate assets. Earning graduate degrees in Forestry and Business from the Yale University and the University of Rhode Island shaped his professional development. Christopher has a broad skill set from 15 years of experience working both in the field and in the office with consulting firms, conservation nonprofits, and regional water utilities. A board member of two regional conservation organizations, Christopher also enjoys vegetable gardening, paddling local waterways, and exploring new places with his family.
Professional Credentials and Affiliations
- Connecticut and Massachusetts Licensed Forester
- Forestry Technical Services Provider (TSP), USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Certified Forester and Professional Member, Society of American Foresters
- Certified Arborist and Professional Member, International Society of Arboriculture
- Professional Member, Forest Stewards Guild